Alabama Department of Revenue - My Alabama Taxes - Signup Help
You may now file your Individual Income Tax Return at My Alabama Taxes (MAT)...
In order to file your return you will need a MAT username and have access to your Individual Income Tax Account.
Already have a MAT Username?
Go to the MyAlabamaTaxes website and sign-in with your username and password in the Welcome Back! pod as shown on the left side of the image below. Once you're signed-in, click the link to your income tax account in the
My Accounts list (e.g., IIT-R001234567), then click the File Return link to
New to MAT?
You will need to sign-up for a MAT username to access your income tax account, file your return, and make payments.
- To sign-up:
- Go to the MyAlabamaTaxes website,
then click the Sign Up button in the "First Time MAT Users - Sign Up Here!" pod on the right side as shown below:
- After clicking the Sign Up button, enter the following information:
- Choose "Individual Income Tax" as your Account Type
- Enter your Social Security Number
- Enter the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) amount from your 2014 Alabama Income Tax Return
- Please note: If you did not file an income tax return with
Alabama last year, you will not be able to file your 2015 return on MAT.
Please go to the free file page for a list of other filing options.
- Once all the information is entered, click the Validate button to
validate the information you entered. Once it's validated, complete the rest of
the required information and submit your MAT sign-up request (click
here for more detailed help with the sign-up process).
- Your MAT sign-up request will be completed automatically and you will receive an email within a few minutes containing your approval and an Authorization Code that you will need to use the first time you log into MAT.
- When you've logged into MAT, click the link to your income tax account in the My Accounts list (e.g., IIT-R001234567), and then click the File Return link to get started.