Today is Friday, June 23, 2017
Important Notices!
ADOR - Electronic Filing Information

Effective July 1, 2013 »

  1. The 'Paperless Filing & Payment System' will be Discontinued.
  2. My Alabama Taxes (MAT) will Replace the Paperless Filing & Payment System. (Note: this change does not include IFTA tax reporting.)

  3. ** MAT is a safe and secure online service provided to you at no charge
    by the Alabama Department of Revenue **

  4. "Sign Up" and begin using MAT with your next return filing and/or payment.
  5. ACH Credit Method Payers should continue using same process as currently used for payments, but use MAT to file returns/reports.
  6. If you pay the following via ACH Debit Method:
      1. Hospital Assessment Fee - for payments after June 30th, contact the Sales & Use Tax Division at the number listed below.
      2. Playing Cards Tax - for payments after June 30th, contact the Tobacco Tax section at the number listed below.
      3. Corporate Income Tax, Business Privilege Tax, Financial Institution Excise Tax, or Pass Through Entities Taxes - you may currently pay through MAT or visit the eServices page for alternative methods of payment.

Here's How to Transition to the MAT Service...

  1. To get started, go to: My Alabama Taxes and apply for a MAT Username by clicking the Sign up button.
    1. Instructions on how to "Sign up" for a MAT Username are found through the "Help" link on the My Alabama Taxes web page.
    2. Instructions are also available in this document: Signing Up to use My Alabama Taxes (MAT).
    3. There is also an instructional video that provides a walk-through of the process.
  2. "Add access" to all of your ADOR tax accounts for one convenient login. Information on how to do this can be found through the MAT "Help" link, or through this instruction file: Managing Account Access.
  3. If you are already using MAT for another tax type, you need only to "Add access" to another account.


If you experience any difficulties in signing up or using MAT, please contact the appropriate section for your tax type:

  • Sales & Use Tax Division:   334-242-1490 or 1-866-576-6531
  • Withholding Section:   334-242-1300 or 1-800-322-4106
  • Motor Fuels Section:   334-242-9608 (Does not include IFTA Tax reporting)
  • Tobacco Tax Section:   334-242-9627
  • Severance & License:   334-353-7827
  • Business Privilege Tax:  334-353-7923
  • Corporate Income Tax:   334-242-1200
  • Individual Income Tax:   334-242-1099
  • Pass-Thru Entities (S-Corps, Partnerships, Fiduciary, Estates, Trusts):   334-242-1033
  • Your local Taxpayer Service Center