ADOR - Individual & Corporate Tax - 2013 Calculate Fillable Form 40 Updates for 2013
Updates and Frequently Asked Questions
2016 Form 40 with Calculations
The following updates have been made to the Form 40 with Calculations. Also, some Frequently Asked Questions about the use of the Form 40 are shown below. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to CONTACT US under Troubleshooting for Forms.
02/14/2017 - Updated the form so that if no driver's license info box is checked then driver license info fields clear out.
03/09/2017 - Updated the form so that if no driver's license info box is checked then Date of Birth (DOB) not required.
03/09/2017 - Updated to allow input of Routing Number and Account Number before checking the Account Type and Out of U.S. account checkboxes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I place the Alabama Income Tax Withheld from my 1099R or W-2G ?
If you have Alabama income tax withheld from your 1099R or W-2G, enter the tax withheld on line 5, Column A of Form 40, Page 1 and enter a zero in Column B for Income. Enter the income amount of the Pension/Annuities on lines 5a and 5b of page 2, Part I of the Form 40. Enter your Gambling Winnings on line 8 of Part I, Page 2 of the Form 40. IRA distributions are reported on lines 4a and 4b of Page 2, Part I of the Form 40.
- Do I need to place my pre-printed label on the Form 40? No. The taxpayer information is included in the 2-D barcode so the pre-printed label is not needed. If you do attach it to your return, it can cause problems with processing your return.
- I do not get a copy of my return when I print it out. What is wrong? Make sure you are using the green Print this Form button to print your form. If you try to print the form using the Print command in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, you will get one page with a statement "Please, use the PRINT button on the Form to Print this form. Thank You." and eight blank pages.
- I only need the Form 40 and Schedule A. Do I have to print all nine pages? No. When you press the Print this Form button, a print module will appear. You can change the Print Range to select the pages that are needed.
- When I print the Form 40 it cuts off the bottom of the page? When you press the Print this Form button, a print module will appear. Change the Page Scaling to "Fit to Paper".