ADOR - Business and License Tax Division
Business & License Tax Division
The Business & License Tax Division houses several sections and includes:
- Business Licensing -- Issues licenses for Automotive Dismantler & Parts Recyclers, and coordinates state & county business licenses.
- Motor Fuels -- Issues licenses and collects appropriate taxes from resources which include distributors of gasoline, motor fuel, aviation, jet fuel, diesel, wholesale oil, lubricating oil products, and the Alabama Terminal Tax.
- Severance Tax -- Administration of taxes on natural resources such as Oil & Gas Privilege, Oil & Gas Production, iron ore, coal, forest products, Uniform Natural Minerals, and Local Solid Minerals.
- Tobacco Tax -- Issues permits to tobacco distributors and administers the Tobacco Master Settlement and escrow provisions.
- Environmental Taxes -- Issues permits to motor fuels bulk facility operators. This office also administers and collects taxes and fees on scrap tires, storage tank trust fund, hazardous waste disposal, solid waste disposal, and pari-mutuel pools (horse and dog racing).
- Assessment Procedures
- Business & License Tax Division Organizational Chart
Business Privilege Tax Information