The Alabama Tax Refund Card is a safer way to receive your Alabama state income tax refund.
The amount of your refund is determined by the Alabama Individual Income Tax Return you submit to the Alabama Department of Revenue.
Simply check the box under "REFUND" on your tax form to receive your refund on a debit card.
Married taxpayers filing jointly will receive two cards drawn from the same account. Remember that all cards drawn on the same account have access to all funds in the account.
With the Alabama Tax Refund Card, you can access and manage your refund without paying fees:
- Retail Locations
- Unlimited free transactions when you use your card at merchants across the U.S.
- No-fee cash-back transactions with a purchase at supermarkets and other stores.
- Shop online or pay bills on a merchant's website.
- ATM and Bank Locations
- Free cash withdrawals at all Chase and Allpoint ATMs.
- Banks and credit unions that accept Visa may permit free teller-assisted withdrawals.
- UCard Center Website www.ucard.chase.com
- Check your card's balance for free anytime.
- Transfer money from your card to your personal bank account for free.
- Pay bills and view your transaction history for free.
The Alabama Refund Card...Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I activate the Refund Card?
- Activate your card by logging on to www.ucard.chase.com or by calling the Chase Customer Service phone number on the back of your card. Be sure to select a 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) and sign the back of your card.
- Where can I use my Refund Card?
- You can use your debit card at:
- Banks and Credit Unions displaying the VISA logo
- Retail locations that accept VISA
- Merchant's website to shop or pay bills online
- Gas Stations (you must go inside and pre-pay for all fuel purchases.)
For more details, please refer to the card carrier and the brochure that will accompany your Chase Refund Card.
- Will I be charged fees when using the Refund Card at ATM machines?
- No fees apply at Chase and Allpoint ATMs. Fees at non-Chase ATMs may apply.
- Will I be charged fees when using the Refund Card at retail stores?
- When using your card at retail locations throughout the U.S., you enjoy unlimited no-fee transactions. There is unlimited no-fee cash back with a purchase at supermarkets and other stores.
- How do I pay bills with my Refund Card?
- There are several ways you can pay your cell phone, utilities, and other bills with your card.
- By phone - Call the company you are paying and give them your card information.
- Online - Visit the website of the company you are paying and enter your card information.
- Online at the UCARD CENTER - Visit www.ucard.chase.com to enroll in Online Bill Pay.
- How can I check the balance on the MyRefund card?
- Check your balance at www.ucard.chase.com. You can check your balance for FREE anytime. You can view and download your transaction history for FREE.
- If I am married, filing jointly, will my spouse and I both receive a Refund Card?
- Married taxpayers filing jointly will receive two cards drawn from the same account. All cards drawn on the same account have access to all funds in the account.
- Can I transfer the available balance from my Refund Card into my bank account?
- Yes. There are two options:
- Transfer the funds to your personal checking or savings account for free at www.ucard.chase.com.
- Visit any bank or credit union and ask for a cash advance up to your available balance.
- Who do I contact if my Refund Card is lost or stolen?
- Please report lost or stolen cards through www.ucard.chase.com or by calling 1-866-645-3100.
- Are there fees imposed when I use my Refund Card?
- In some cases, yes. Please refer to the chart below.