GASOLINE, DIESEL FUEL AND LUBRICATING OIL EXCISE TAXES AND INSPECTION FEE DISTRIBUTIONS TRANSFERRED FROM THE STATE TREASURER’S OFFICE TO THE DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Effective October 1, 2021, Act 2019-247 provides that distributions for the above-referenced taxes and fees will be transferred from the State Treasurer’s Office to the Department of Revenue. The following is a summary of the upcoming changes:
- The 4-cent Gas, 5-cent Gas, 7-cent Gas, 6-cent Diesel (previously shown as “Add Ex Tx – AET”), State Inspection Fee (previously shown as “Petroleum Fees – PIF”) and Rebuild Alabama Gas and Diesel distribution statements will be consolidated into one statement.
- The distribution statements will be located on Revenue’s My Alabama Taxes (MAT) website at: https://myalabamataxes.alabama.gov/_/ under Gas Tax 2nd Level Distributions starting with the October 2021 distribution.
- Bank account information previously on file will be uploaded to the new system. Therefore, unless there are recent banking changes, no further action is required.
- To make banking information changes, you will need to visit the Vendor Self Service (VSS) portal at https://procurement.staars.alabama.gov/PRDVSS1X1/AltSelfService and, if necessary, setup a login. (See instructions located on this site.)
- Any previous agreement on file with the Treasurer’s Office to remit a portion of your tax collections to a paying agent to meet a debt service requirement will remain in place and the amount provided in the agreement will continue to be directly deposited into your paying agent’s account.
- New agreements will not be accepted.
If you have any questions pertaining to this notice, please contact this office at the address or telephone number shown below.
BUSINESS & LICENSE TAX DIVISION
MOTOR FUELS SECTION
P. O. BOX 327540
MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA 36132-7540
Click here to download a PDF version of this notice.