U.S. flag An official website of the United States government.

Dot gov

The .gov means it's official.
Federal government websites always use a .gov or .mil domain. Before sharing sensitive information online, make sure you’re on a .gov or .mil site by inspecting your browser's address (or "location") bar.


This site is also protected by an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate that's been signed by the U.S. government. The https:// means all transmitted data is encrypted  — in other words, any information or browsing history that you provide is transmitted securely.

Fuel Tax Diversion & Import Verification Number

In order to register a diversion of fuel or to request an import verification number, go to www.fueltrac.us, click on “registration”, enter requested company data (for the initial registration only) and follow the simple steps. The TRAC III database will maintain basic company name and address information for carriers and fuel marketers after the initial diversion registration or import verification number request. The diversion of the fuel must be obtained prior to delivery of the fuel in Alabama. The import verification number must be obtained for all imports of fuel in which the Alabama motor fuel tax was not pre-collected by the permissive supplier (Alabama licensed suppliers are deemed permissive suppliers for out-of-state transactions in which the destination of the product is Alabama).

If you have any questions concerning this matter, please contact this office at (334) 242-9608.