Reserve a Personalized Tag
Click Here To Print This Page
- Code Section: 32-6-290, 32-6-250.1, and 32-6-231.1
- Secondary Tag Type(s):
- 01 (Disability Access)
- MC (Motorcycle Pre-numbered)
- M1 (Motorcycle Disability
- Series Began: January 2018
- Retired military persons retired under honorable conditions, National Guard retirees, and retired military reservists may purchase license plates in this category.
- In addition, the spouse of a retired military member or retired reservist may be issued one (1) retired military distinctive license plate for the remainder of their lifetime or until they remarry, upon payment of the regular registration fees and taxes.
- The plates may not be personalized.
- The distinctive license plate follows the owner and is not transferable between vehicle owners.
- This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicles:
- private passenger automobiles
- pickup trucks
- please motor vehicles (i.e., recreational vehicles) not exceeding 12,000 pounds gross vehicle weight
- The license plate design changes every five (5) years.
- The surviving spouse of a veteran fitting this criteria may obtain the plate.
- There is no limit to the number of plates the registrant may obtain.
- Individual plates are ordered On Demand through the Plate Reservation and Ordering System (PROS).
Primary Tag Types
|Armed Forces Retired
|US Air Force
|US Coast Guard
|US Marine Corps
|US National Guard
- Retired military persons shall provide a DD214 form or any other documentation prescribed by law or administrative rule as evidence of qualification for the license plate.
- Retired National Guardsmen must provide an NGB Form 22 or Notice of Eligibility for Retired Pay at Age 60 (20 year letter).
- Retired military reservists must provide a Notice of Eligibility for Retired Pay at Age 60 (20 year letter).
- A spouse must provide a dependent ID card.
The Application for Disability Access Parking Privileges must be provided to obtain the disability access license plate.
- Registration: $15.00-$105.00 depending on the type of vehicle registered.
- Additional fees: $3.00 in the years in which a metal plate is issued
- The net proceeds of the $3 are distributed to the Alabama Veterans’ Assistance Fund.
US Air Force
US Coast Guard
US Marine Corps
US National Guard