Click Here To Print This Page
- Code Section: Section 32-6-155.3
- Primary Tag Type(s): BI (Pre-numbered)
- Secondary Tag Type (s):
- Personalized (02)
- MC (Motorcycle Pre-numbered)
- M2 (Motorcycle Personalized)
- Series Began: January 2016
All residents of Alabama who are vehicle owners may purchase license plates in this category.
No documentation required to be presented by the registrant prior to purchasing this plate.
The plates may be personalized.
Personalized license plates in this category are transferable, at the option of the transferor, to the transferor’s spouse or child upon payment of the transfer fees.
This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicles:
- private passenger automobiles
- pickup trucks
- pleasure motor vehicles (i.e., recreational vehicles)
The license plates may not be renewed after December 31, 2020.
Individual plates are ordered On Demand through the Plate Reservation and Ordering System (PROS).
- Registration: $15.00- $890.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered
- Additional fees:
- $50.00 annually for personalized plates only
- $5.00 when metal plate is issued
- The net proceeds of the $50 will be distributed to base. The net proceeds of the $5 shall be distributed to the Department of Revenue.