- Sponsoring Organization: The Joy to Life Foundation
- Code Section: Section 32-6-64
- Primary Tag Type(s): CL (Pre-numbered)
- Secondary Tag Type(s):
- 02 (Personalized)
- MC (Motorcycle Pre-numbered)
- M2 (Motorcycle Personalized)
- Series Began: July 2019
All residents of Alabama who are vehicle owners and supporters of the Joy to Life Foundation may purchase license plates in this category.
No documentation required to be presented by the registrant prior to purchasing this plate.
The plates may be personalized.
Personalized license plates in this category are transferable, at the option of the transferor, to the transferor’s spouse or child upon payment of the transfer fees.
This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicles:
- private passenger automobiles
- pickup trucks
- pleasure motor vehicles (i.e., recreational vehicles)
The license plate design changes every five (5) years.
Individual plates are ordered On Demand through the Plate Reservation and Ordering System (PROS). Counties may place bulk orders using the Alabama Inventory Management System (AIMS).
- Registration: $15.00- $890.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered
- Additional fees:
- $50.00 annually
- $5.00 when metal plate is issued
- The net proceeds of the $50.00 are distributed to the Joy to Life Foundation to be used in every county in Alabama to provide free mammograms and other breast cancer screenings when necessary to medically underserved women in Alabama under 50 years of age, build and support breast cancer awareness among all Alabamians, and promote over-all health, well-being, and education throughout the state. The funds will also be used to print and distribute educational materials. The net proceeds of the $5 shall be distributed to the Department of Revenue.