- Code Section: Section 32-6-610
- Administrative Rule: 810-5-1-.236
- Primary Tag Type(s): GB (Pre-numbered)
- Secondary Tag Type(s):
- 02 (Personalized)
- MC (Motorcycle Pre-numbered)
- M2 (Motorcycle Personalized)
- Series Began:October 2018
All residents of Alabama who are vehicle owners purchase license plates in this category.
No documentation required to be presented by the registrant prior to purchasing this plate.
The plates may be personalized.
Personalized license plates in this category are transferable, at the option of the transferor, to the transferor’s spouse or child upon payment of the transfer fees.
This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicles:
- private passenger automobiles
- pickup trucks
- pleasure motor vehicles (i.e., recreational vehicles)
The license plate design changes every five (5) years.
Individual plates are ordered On Demand through the Plate Reservation and Ordering System (PROS). Counties may place bulk orders using the Alabama Inventory Management System (AIMS).
- Registration: $15.00- $890.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered
- Additional fees:
- $50.00 annually for personalized plates only
- $5.00 when metal plate is issued
- The net proceeds of the $50.00 are distributed to the Alabama Veterans Living Legacy and administered by the Citizenship Trust pursuant to Sections 16-44A-30 to 16-44A-36, inclusive. The net proceeds of the $5 shall be distributed to the Department of Revenue.