- Sponsoring Organization: The Children’s Hospital of Alabama
- Code Section: Section 32-6-64
- Primary Tag Type(s): KH
- Secondary Tag Type(s):
- 02 (Personalized)
- MC (Motorcycle Pre-numbered)
- M2 (Motorcycle Personalized)
- Series Began: June 2017
All residents of Alabama who are vehicle owners and supporters of the Children’s Hospital of Alabama.
No documentation is required to be presented by the registrant prior to purchasing this plate.
Plates may be personalized.
Personalized license plates in this category are transferable, at the option of the transferor, to the transferor’s spouse or child upon payment of the transfer fees.
This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicles:
- private passenger automobiles
- pickup trucks
- pleasure motor vehicles (i.e., recreational vehicles)
The license plate design changes every five (5) years.
Individual plates are ordered On Demand through the Plate Reservation and Ordering System (PROS). Counties may place bulk orders using the Alabama Inventory Management System (AIMS).
- Registration: $15.00- $890.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered
- Additional fees:
- $50.00 annually (pre-numbered or personalized plate)
- $5.00 when metal plate is issued
- The net proceeds of the $50.00 are distributed to the Children’s Hospital of Alabama to be used to care for patients with heart defects, research to more accurately treat these patients and specialize physician training in the care of these patients.
- The net proceeds of the $5 shall be distributed to the Department of Revenue.