U.S. flag An official website of the United States government.

Dot gov

The .gov means it's official.
Federal government websites always use a .gov or .mil domain. Before sharing sensitive information online, make sure you’re on a .gov or .mil site by inspecting your browser's address (or "location") bar.


This site is also protected by an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate that's been signed by the U.S. government. The https:// means all transmitted data is encrypted  — in other words, any information or browsing history that you provide is transmitted securely.

Civitan International



  • Sponsoring Organization: Civitan International
  • Code Section: Section 32-6-490
  • Primary Tag Type(s): CT (Pre-numbered)
  • Secondary Tag Type(s):
    • 02 (Personalized)
    • MC (Motorcycle Pre-numbered)
    • M2 (Motorcycle Personalized)
    • Series Began: June 2015 *Retained Current Design*

    All residents of Alabama who are vehicle owners and supporters of Civitan International may purchase license plates in this category.

    No documentation required to be presented by the registrant prior to purchasing this plate.

    The plates may be personalized.

    Personalized license plates in this category are transferable, at the option of the transferor, to the transferor’s spouse or child upon payment of the transfer fees.

    This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicles:

    • private passenger automobiles
    • pickup trucks
    • motorcycles
    • pleasure motor vehicles (i.e., recreational vehicles)

    The license plate design changes every five (5) years.


    Fees are paid annually.

    • Registration: $23.00- $890.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered
    • Additional fees: $50.00 for pre-numbered or personalized plate
    • The net proceeds of the $50 are distributed to the Civitan International Foundation for the benefit of the Civitan International Research Center at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. The net proceeds of the $5 shall be distributed to the Department of Revenue.