Click Here To Print This Page
- Code Section: 32-6-350, 32-6-350.1, 32-6-250.1, and 32-6-231.1
- Primary Tag Type(s): VB (Pre-numbered)
- Secondary Tag Type(s):
- 01 (Disability Access)
- 02 (Personalized)
- MC (Motorcycle Pre-numbered)
- M1 (Motorcycle Disability)
- M2 (Motorcycle Personalized)
- Series Began: November 2016
A resident of Alabama who is a veteran of the appropriate conflict may qualify and obtain/purchase a veteran commemorative license plate.
To qualify for the plate the veteran must one of the following:
The Application for Disability Access Parking Privileges must be provided to obtain the disability access license plate.
These plates may be personalized.
The plates in this category are not transferable between vehicle owners.
This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicle:
- private passenger automobiles
- pickup trucks
- pleasure motor vehicles (i.e., recreational vehicles)
The license plate design changes every five (5) years.
The surviving spouse of a veteran fitting this criteria may not obtain the plate
The surviving spouse of a veteran fitting this criteria may not retain the plate.
There is no limit to the number of plates the registrant may obtain.
Individual plates are ordered On Demand through the Plate Reservation and Ordering System (PROS). Counties can place bulk orders using the Alabama Inventory Management System (AIMS).
- Registration: $15.00- $890.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered.
- Additional fees:
- $3.00 in the years in which a metal plate is issued
- $50.00 annually for personalized
- The net proceeds of the $3 and $50 are distributed to the Alabama Veterans’ Assistance Fund.