Click Here To Print This Page
- Code Section: 32-6-250, 32-6-250.1, and 32-6-231.1
- Primary Tag Type(s):
- SS (Pre-numbered)
- 01 (Disability Access)
- Secondary Tag Type(s):
- MC (Motorcycle Pre-numbered)
- M1 (Motorcycle Disability Access)
- Series Began: August 2016
A resident of Alabama who is the recipient of the Silver Star may purchase license plates in this category.
A DD214 indicating the registrant is a recipient of the Silver Star must be presented to the license plate official.
The Application for Disability Access Parking Privileges must be provided to obtain the disability access license plate.
The plates may not be personalized.
The plates in this category are not transferable between vehicle owners.
This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicles:
- private passenger automobiles
- pickup trucks
- pleasure motor vehicles (i.e., recreational vehicles) not exceeding 12,000 pounds gross vehicle weight
This is a permanent plate – the design does not change.
The surviving spouse of a veteran fitting this criteria may not obtain the plate.
The surviving spouse of a veteran fitting this criteria may retain the plate.
There is no limit to the number of plates the registrant may obtain.
Individual plates are ordered On Demand through the Plate Reservation and Ordering System (PROS). Counties may place bulk orders using the Alabama Inventory Management System (AIMS).
- Registration: $15.00- $105.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered.
- Additional fees: $25.00 annually
- The net proceeds of the $25.00 will be distributed to the Alabama Veterans’ Assistance Fund in the State Treasury.