Click Here To Print This Page
- Code Section: 32-6-350, 32-6-350.1, 32-6-250.1, and 32-6-231.1
- Primary Tag Type(s): VR (Pre-numbered)
- Secondary Tag Type(s):
- 01 (Disability Access)/02 (Personalized)
- MC (Motorcycle Pre-numbered)
- M1 (Motorcycle Disability)
- M2 (Motorcycle Personalized)
- Series Began: November 2016
Only a veteran of the appropriate conflict, who is a resident of Alabama, may qualify and obtain a veteran commemorative license plate.
To qualify for the plate the veteran must provide one of the following:
- certification from the Department of Veterans Affairs as provided by Section 32-6-350(d), Code of Alabama 1975 prior to purchasing this plate. Please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs for specific documentation required by the Department of Veterans Affairs; or
- Affidavit from Veteran Affairs
The Application for Disability Access Parking Privileges must be provided to obtain the disability access license plate.
The plates may be personalized.
The distinctive license plate follows the owner and is not transferable.
This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicles:
- private passenger automobiles
- pickup trucks
- pleasure motor vehicles (i.e., recreational vehicles)
The license plate design changes every five (5) years.
The surviving spouse of a veteran fitting this criteria may not obtain the plate.
The surviving spouse of a veteran fitting this criteria may not retain the plate.
There is no limit to the number of plates the registrant may obtain.
Individual plates are ordered On Demand through the Plate Reservation and Ordering System (PROS). Counties may place bulk orders using the Alabama Inventory Management System (AIMS).
- Registration: $15.00 to $890.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered.
- Additional fees:
- $3.00 in the years in which a metal plate is issued
- $50.00 annually for personalized plate
- The net proceeds of the $3 and $50 are distributed to the Alabama Veterans’ Assistance Fund.