- Sponsoring Organization: Alabama State Lodge Fraternal Order of Police, Inc.
- Code Section: Section 32-6-360
- Primary Tag Type(s): FP (Pre-numbered)
- Secondary Tag Type(s):
- 02 (Personalized)
- MC (Motorcycle Pre-numbered)
- M2 (Motorcycle Personalized)
- Series Began: November 2012
All residents of Alabama who are vehicle owners and members of the Fraternal Order of Police may purchase license plates in this category.
The registrant must present to the license plate issuing official a current Fraternal Order of Police membership card.
The plates may be personalized.
The plates are not transferable between vehicle owners.
This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicles:
- private passenger automobiles
- pickup trucks
- pleasure motor vehicles (i.e., recreational vehicles)
The license plate design changes every five (5) years.
Individual plates are ordered On Demand through the Plate Reservation and Ordering System (PROS). Counties may place bulk orders using the Alabama Inventory Management System (AIMS).
- Registration: $15.00- $890.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered
- Additional fees:
- $50.00 annually
- $5.00 when metal plate is issued
- The net proceeds of the $50.00 are distributed to the Alabama State Lodge Fraternal Order of Police, Inc. to be used to benefit the membership vest program as well as the legal defense program. The net proceeds of the $5 shall be distributed to the Department of Revenue.