- Sponsoring Organization: Alabama Association of Rescue Squads, Inc.
- Code Section: 32-6-171 (Member) 32-11-2 (Unit)
- Primary Tag Type(s): RS (Pre-numbered)
- Secondary Tag Type (s): MC (Motorcycle Pre-numbered)
- Series Began: May 2017
Only those persons or organizations who are members of the Alabama Association of Rescue Squads, Inc. may purchase license plates in this category.
Applicants for such distinctive plates shall present to the issuing official proof of their membership in a volunteer rescue squad by means of certificate signed by the treasurer of Alabama Association of Rescue Squads, Inc.
The plates may not be personalized.
The plates are not transferable between vehicle owners.
This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicles:
- private passenger automobiles
- pickup trucks
The license plate design changes every five (5) years.
Individual plates are ordered On Demand through the Plate Reservation and Ordering System (PROS).
- Registration: Free to $105.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered
- Rescue squad members may obtain one license plate registration fee exempt.
- Additional plates may be obtained upon payment of the required fees [Section 40-12-244(3)].
- Plates for vehicles owned by a volunteer rescue squad that is a member in good standing of the Alabama Association of Rescue Squads, Inc. are registration fee exempt (Section 32-11-2).
- Plates for vehicles used by rescue squads who are members in good standing of the Alabama Association of Rescue Squads are registration fee exempt if the vehicles are being registered by the rescue squad.
- Additional fees: $5.00 when metal plate is issued
- The net proceeds of the $5 shall be distributed to the Department of Revenue.