Click Here To Print This Page
- Code Section: 40-12-243
- Primary Tag Type(s): CC
- Secondary Tag Type(s): N/A
- Series Began: October 2013
Duly constituted and appointed consuls and honorary consuls of foreign countries who are officially stationed in Alabama may purchase license plates in this category. These plates are issued by the Department of Revenue.
The plates may not be personalized.
Plates in this category are not transferable.
This plate be displayed upon private passenger vehicles.
The license plate design changes every five (5) years.
Applicants must file an application with the Department of Revenue. The following documentation must be submitted along with the application:
- Documentation from a foreign country that clearly indicates that the person requesting license plates is a duly appointed consul representing that county.
- Documentation from the U.S. Department of State that clearly indicates that the U.S. government has verified paperwork and recognizes the person requesting license plates to be a duly appointed consul representing a foreign country.
- Registration: $0.50 per plate
- Additional fees: N/A