Click Here To Print This Page
- Code Section: 32-6-230 & 40-12-300
- Administrative Rule: 810-5-1-.225
- Primary Tag Type(s): PC
- Secondary Tag Type(s): 01 (Pre-numbered)
- Series Began: January 2017
- All residents of Alabama with a qualified disability who are owners of private passenger automobiles to include pickup trucks and recreational vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 12,000 pounds or less may purchase license plates in this category.
- Any private agency, nursing home, church, or charitable institution that submits to the licensing authority proof satisfactory to the commissioner that it operates a motor vehicle for the primary purpose of transporting one or more individuals with disabilities may apply for the distinctive plates.
The registrant, whether an individual or qualifying organization, must present the Application for Disability Access Parking Privileges (MVR 32-6-230) to the license plate issuing official prior to purchasing this plate.
The plates may not be personalized.
The plates are not transferable between vehicle owners.
This plate may be displayed upon private passenger automobiles to include pickup trucks and recreational vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 12,000 pounds or less.
The license plate design changes every five (5) years.
Act 2018-474 authorizes a certified nurse practitioner and a certified nurse midwife, in addition to a licensed physician, to provide certification for disability access parking privileges.
Federal law specifies the design of the plates and placards, who qualifies, limits the number of placards an individual may be issued, etc. Learn more about the Uniform System for Parking for Persons with Disabilities (23-CFR-1235)
- Registration fees associated with the purchase of this license plate range from $23.00-$105.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered.
- No additional fees are charged.