Click Here To Print This Page
Click Here To Order Sample Tags
All residents of Alabama who are owners of private passenger automobiles, including pickup trucks with a gross vehicle weight of 8,000 pounds or less may purchase a license plate in this category. Provided if the license plates are personalized, they may be displayed on pickup trucks with a gross vehicle weight of 12,000 pounds or less and all weight pleasure motor vehicles (i.e., recreational vehicles).
Private passenger automobiles and pickup trucks with a gross vehicle weight of 8,000 pounds or less, if the plate is pre-numbered. Personalized standard plates may also be displayed on motor homes of all weights.
The plates are not transferable between vehicle owners.
The license plate design changes every five (5) years.
Fees are paid annually.
- Private passenger automobiles, including pickup trucks with a gross vehicle weight of 8,000 pounds or less: $23.00
- If the plates are personalized, the registration fee ranges from $23.00-$890.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered.
- Each motor bus operated on public highways in this state which is owned by a church, private school, hospital, or other eleemosynary institution and used only for the purposes of such institution, regardless of whether any compensation may be charged to any passenger, a license tax or registration fee of $13 is hereby imposed and shall be charged.
- Plates may be personalized for an additional $50.00 fee.
- Registration fees are distributed in accordance with the provisions of Sections 40-12-269 and 40-12-270.