Click Here To Print This Page
- Code Section: 40-12-248
- Primary Tag Type(s): TK
- Secondary Tag Type(s): X1 through X9
- Series Began: October 2018
All residents of Alabama who are owners of the following may purchase license plates in this category:
- trucks with a declared gross vehicle weight exceeding 12,000 pounds
- motor homes with a declared gross vehicle weight exceeding 42,000 pounds
The plates may not be personalized.
Plates in this category are not transferable between vehicle owners.
This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicles:
- trucks with a declared GVW exceeding 12,000 pounds
- motor homes with GVWs exceeding 42,000 pounds
Tow trucks are registered based on the GVW of the tow truck only, without regard to the GVW of any motor vehicle towed.
The license plate design changes every five (5) years.
Registration fees are distributed in accordance with the provisions of Sections 40-12-269 and 40-12-270.
- Registration fees associated with the purchase of this license plate range from $170.00 to $890.00 depending on the declared gross vehicle weight (GVW) of the vehicle being registered. License plate designations are X1-X9. See Code Section 40-12-248 for a breakdown of the weight categories and corresponding registration fees.
- Additional fees: N/A