Today is Saturday, May 27, 2017
Important Notices!
Motor Vehicle Division - Title FAQs



Does an individual have to be a licensed rebuilder in order to apply for an inspection of their own vehicle which was acquired as part of an insurance claim?

No. Effective June 1, 2010, Act 2010-748 allows an owner of a motor vehicle prior to salvage to apply for inspection and rebuilt title without first obtaining a rebuilder's license.


Does an airbag (SRS), if deployed, have to be replaced?

Yes. An airbag is considered to be a part of the operating condition of the vehicle. It must be replaced with an operable airbag in order to pass inspection.