You may now file your Individual Income Tax Return at My Alabama Taxes (MAT)
In order to file your return you will need a MAT username and have access to your Individual Income Tax Account.
Already have a MAT Username?
Go to the MyAlabamaTaxes website and sign-in with your username and password. Once you’re signed-in, click the link to your income tax account in the My Accounts list (e.g., IIT-R001234567), then click the File Return link to get started.
New to MAT?
You will need to sign-up for a MAT username to access your income tax account, file your return, and make payments.
- Go to the My Alabama Taxes online portal, then click New User? Sign Up Here
- Enter the following information:
- Choose “Individual Income Tax” as your Account Type
- Enter your Social Security Number
- Enter the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) amount from your current or prior year Alabama Income Tax Return
- Once all the information is entered, click the Validate button. Once it’s validated, complete the rest of the required information and submit your MAT sign-up request.
- Your MAT sign-up request will be completed automatically and you will receive an email within a few minutes containing your approval and an Authorization Code that you will need to use the first time you log into MAT.
- When you’ve logged into MAT, click the link to your income tax account in the My Accounts list (e.g., IIT-R001234567), and then click the File Return to get started.